Monday 9 November 2015

Our bodies are quietly talking. When will we shut up and listen?

Many people I know are having very small health complaints, they choose to live with them  or brush their symptoms under the carpet. I have been culprit to doing this myself so I can't point the finger at anyone else without accepting that I too have been there.

This time last year I had a flare up on my forehead. It was something my GP didn't recognize. It was a patch of very dry, itchy, bumpy and flaky skin. It bothered me, yes, but did I really try and do something about it? Not enough in my opinion. It started off as a very small patch smaller than the size of a 5p coin. That was the first message from my body. Did I listen? No. "Its just a small itch" I said to myself. It stared to grow and get worst week by week until it was the bigger than a 50p coin. And still I said to myself "It will go away on its own eventually" and "It'll clear up soon". Yet, here it was getting worse and worse and worse. My breaking point was when I realized I was styling my hair to cover it up. I was conscious  of people seeing it so I decided I would cover it up. Looking in the mirror one morning I decided enough was enough and it had to go!
I started with a food diary and  made  note of when it was worse and when it improved. I started to LISTEN to my body and take note of the signs it was giving me. Cut a long story short, it turns out it was being caused by not drinking enough water and consuming too much sugar! It was something so simple that I could change and it has not come back since! If I had simply relied on the steroid  cream from my GP, chances are I would still have it to this very day.



Your body is like a machine. Machine's need to be well looked after, serviced, MOT'ed and treated right. The same is said for you body. If you don't look after it, you will get your self in trouble. Listen to your body and hear the signs. It will give you signs that it is in distress..you just have to listen. If you have digestive complaints such as constipation, stomach pains, gas or bloating. If you have energy dips and food cravings . If you have dry skin, acne or rashes. These are all signs from your body in distress.
Here are my TOP signs that you probably ignore from your body.
1. You are catch every little cold and flu going around
We’re all exposed to viruses and bacteria every day, but a healthy individual should be able to fight off these pathogens the majority of the time. If you’re that person who catches every cold your friends have or gets sick every time your kids do, your immune system may not be functioning optimally, which can put you at risk not only of infectious diseases, but of life-threatening body yells like cancer.
2. Your urine is dark yellow
Hydration is essential to maintaining a healthy body, and when you’re well hydrated, your urine should be almost completely clear. If you peer into the toilet and see a lot of yellow, you’re probably not drinking enough fluids. Remember, caffeinated or alcoholic beverages are DE-hydrating, and sodas are full of chemicals, so stick to water, herbal or green tea, coconut water, or green veggie juices
3. Your bowels only move once or day (or every other day)
Healthy bowels move every time you eat a meal. It’s called the “gastro-colic reflex.” When you insert food into the digestive tract, healthy bowels move to eliminate toxins and make room for new nutrition. Otherwise, you wind up… well…full of you-know-what. When you’re constipated, toxins in the body can seep through the lining of the bowel, enter the bloodstream, and cause inflammation, which can put you at risk of a whole host of body-yelling health conditions.
4 Your skin seems to be always breaking out!
If you have frequent outbreaks of acne, psoriasis, eczema, or other rashes, your inner health may be on the fritz. Your skin is the body’s largest organ of toxin elimination, and if it’s acting up, your body is trying to tell you something to listen! Your skin may signal food or other allergies, but your skin is also very often a sign that your nervous system is in stress response. When you are filling your body with vitamins and minerals, the skin is the last place it goes. So if your skin isn't at its best, you can be almost certain your inner health isn't in check either
5 You have Energy dips and tiredness
Sure, your fatigue might be the result of burning the midnight oil and then getting up early for a spin class or child care. You could be tired because your thyroid isn’t functioning properly, your adrenal glands are burned out, or your body is exhausted from expending all your resources trying to protect you from the toxic overload you’re bombarding your system with because of processed foods, cigarettes, alcohol, or environmental exposures.
We can all feel these signs that our body gives us. Let us all LISTEN to the sign because we believe that prevention is better than a cure. If w listen to the signs NOW we can avoid much worse long term illness and disease.
The choice is always YOURS - take some time out to Listen to what your body is saying.

Take your health to the next level.

Ahisha xx
www.mynextlevelhealth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment